Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

That's what I love about Sundays


Today is a wonderful winter day.... perfect for a long walk. I woke up this morning and there was snow on the ground covering everything, there wasn't a lot, just enough to look pretty. Then by the afternoon it was gone and the sun came out in all its glory!!! Soo... Katelyn got bundled up (it was a little windy) and off we went. She loves being outdoors and she loves when I carry her in the baby bjorn. she can kick her legs wildly and flap her hands in the air like she is trying to fly and she is so content.












Being outside on a day like today reminded me of a song by Craig Morgan "That's what I love about Sundays"

......"Raymond's in his sunday best. He's usually up to his chest in oil and grease. There's the Martin's walking in. With that mean little freckle-faced kid. Who broke a window last week. Sweet Miss Betty likes to sing off key. In the pew behind me.

That's what I love about Sundays. Sing along as the choir sways. Every verse of Amazing Grace. And then we shake the preachers hand.

Go home and put our blue jeans on. Have some chicken and some baked beans. Pick a back yard football team. Nothing much of anything. Thats what I love about Sundays.

I stroll to the end of the drive. Pick up the sunday times. Grab a coffee cup. Looks like Sally and Ron. Finally tied the knot. Well its about time. Its 35 cents off a ground round. Baby cut that coupon out.

That's what I love about Sundays. Cat-napping on the porch swing. You curled up next to me. The smell of jasmine wakes us up.
Take a walk down a back road. Tackle box and a cane pole. Write our names in the white oak. I steal a kiss as the sun fades. That's what I love about Sundays."

Its a beautiful song.... God makes the best days on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment